Tuesday July 15th

Last thursday I picked a HUGE amount of blueberries, today I picked more. Eeeek! I've made 3 batches of jam, a couple of batches of blueberry muffins, lots of freezer packs and tonight I'll make some banana-blueberry bread. I've been waiting forever for the bananas to ripen so I can try this recipe. Also picked blackberries. As of today I had enough for a batch of jam (which I made this afternoon). While I was elbow deep in canning and freezing I decided to go to the veggie stand in Greenbriar and picked up some awesome fresh corn and purple hulls and put those up.

Besides all that and having to put the mower in the shop, we had rain most of last week so I've been trying to beat the yard back into submission. Weeding, weedeating, mowing, etc.... I'm still not caught up.

Sunday I took off and had a great hike with my neighbor all over the deer lease (after we put up my new mailbox, the old one dissapeared in the tornado). Saw some gorgeous views up top and great creekside spots on the bottom. I remembered to bring my camera but forgot to take pics. Ha.

No comments: