Tuesday June 24th


I have a finished kitchen! Finaly! It took the carpenters SIX full workdays to install cabinets and tile countertops. They ran out of screws - twice!, and glue - twice! Last tuesday afternoon they told me the job would be over friday. I was IRATE because they were moving sooooooo slow I knew we wouldn't be finished with what was supposed to be done. (On the other hand, I was so glad to be rid of them). They finished the kitchen wednesday afternoon which left only thursday and friday to build the stairs. As you can see below, they managed to build them but that's all. I've got alot of work ahead of me to finish. But first I have tons of cleanup inside and outside to do.


Saturday I started cleaning and putting things where they belong. Sunday I painted the floor. (thought I would have a real floor with this job - maybe next time). Monday I ran errands. And today I put up the new rods and curtains. Rest of the week more of the same plus yardwork. I have a yard full of construction debris to burn and some to haul off - after my truck goes in the shop thursday. Hopefully by the weekend I'll go to the Antique Warehouse - (12 huge buildings stuffed full, only 20 miles from here) and find a bench seat to put in front of the big window. And if I'm really lucky, a small trestle type table to go with it. Grin.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG, I absolutely love your kitchen, everything is so light and airy and beautiful. I know it was a pain getting to this point, but now that it's over, it's so beautiful. You've given me lots of ideas for our future remodel.

Hugs,
Tricia

Lee said...

Now that you can relax a bit and look at your accomplishment of the past weeks. You can say all the stress that you had to endure was worth it. You did a great job. It really looks nice. I see a place for your wine cellar. Yes under the staircase.