Monday April 14th

Goldfinch are everywhere, they look like mini canaries.

I've let another couple of weeks go by. I swear, I don't know where the time goes. Earlier I didn't have much to talk about and now I'm way behind on news. The weather is still absurd. Half the state is flooded after even MORE storms last week. No flooding here except a little bit on the driveway down by the pond but Greers Ferry lake nearby is 10 feet over the norm and so is the Arkansas river at Little Rock. In between storms we've had some gorgeous spring weather but now we're back to winter-like with cold and howling winds. Tonight it's supposed to freeze. All the trees are in flower so I hope it doesn't kill the fruit again like the late freeze last year did.


Raccoons are still raiding the suet feeder every night. If I don't take it in this is what I see in the morning.

Floyd's place (in front of me) finally sold. The buyer is my neighbor behind me and across the creek, Dennis. He's a Baptist minister and missionary - just like Floyd was. He bought it for the mineral rights because of the huge gas field found in the area. He immediatly sold the house and front 20 acres (without mineral rights) to someone else so I should have neighbors soon. He also told me that he'll be putting the 33 acres between me and the front property up for sale right away (without the mineral rights). So who knows what'll happen with that.

No comments: