Thursday A.M.

Mike is failing so fast. Tuesday morning he sat on the porch and chatted with the chaplin. Tuesday afternoon he sat on his bed and talked to the nurse. Tuesday night I thought I was going to lose him. Wednesday he talked to the nurse. He's been pretty much incoherent since but at least he's in bed (more or less) resting.
Monday I went grocery shopping and he was fine on his own, as of wednesday I'm afraid to leave him alone even for a few minutes.
Last week it looked like he had months left, now it looks like days, at most weeks.
I called the chaplin this morning to ask for someone to come and say the proper catholic prayers over him.

I turned off the ringer on the phone so it won't wake him. If anyone needs to call, use the cell number.

1 comment:

betty said...

hey you guys,
has he drank anything since that one ensure that we talked about? how did he do with the sleeping pill, was he able to really rest?
if you need anything let us know. i know this is a dificult time for you.
i know what it is like to watch a person die, and not be able to do anything to help them. thats what happened to my brother.
i hope you don't mind that i keep bringing up my brother.
i'll check in with you later.
love, betty, lee ray, &family