Friday

A house full of women hovering over Mike. Mike was sound asleep when they got here about 8:30, he woke around 10am, then never really rested again despite the sleeping pill at 2.

At 9:30 pm Mike's mom was sitting at the counter chatting with her sister and I asked if she'd be going to bed soon. She looked at me like I was nuts and didn't answer. (I'd had the conversation earlier about her not keeping Mike up all night this time). I turned off all the lights except the kitchen and a lamp in the living room, settled Mike in his bed, etc. Ignored her and waited. At 10 she said they could turn off the kitchen light so Mike could rest. I said NO, it's not the light that keeps him up, it's the people. With us sleeping in the living room, we can't go to bed until everyone else does. (duh!) As soon as you go to bed I'll turn the light off and he'll rest. They went to bed at 11. It took till 12:30 before Mike was able to relax and rest. (he gets stressed and anxious with too much commotion and it takes awhile for him wind down and relax).
I'm worn out and cranky.
Rant over.

1 comment:

ann katherine said...

Dena, Mama,Daddy & i WANTED 2 to go see u & mike. But u said he didn't rest when he had people over.we Didn't want to See Mike NOT be able 2 get the rest He NEEDED SO much!!! I KNOW WHAT U WERE GOING THROUGH!!!! It is so hard on the wife to see the man they love so much get sick. It all falls on the wife,u r the wife, maid, nurse, care giver!! But we KNOW HOW MUCH U LOVED HIM!!!& HE LOVED U!!!! WE LOVE YOU!!! LOVE YA ANN KATHERINE