Wednesday November 28th

Look what was waiting on my doorstep last wednesday morning......a copperhead! Eeeeek! I put on my rubber boots, grabbed a shovel, and he's in snake heaven now.

It's been a pretty sucky week. Thursday, friday, saturday, sunday, and monday were cold, windy, and rainy so I was stuck in the house with serious cabin fever. Coco (the 11 year old german shepherd) has been going down for weeks and died friday night. I buried her saturday morning. Now it's just me, Tux, and Cheyenne. Sigh.

On the good side - the weather has been gorgeous the last 2 days and the old shed in the front yard is gone. I put it on Freecycle http://www.freecycle.org/ for the wood and had a nice couple come out and get it. We spent the last 2 days tearing it down. (whew, I'm sore!). All that's left is a burn pile and shingles to haul off and I'll have a nice spot in the yard instead of an eyesore.

To make up for the ugly snake pic - here's a pretty moonrise at sunset from the backyard.....

1 comment:

betty said...

hey dena,
sorry to hear about coco.
i know you loved coco like a parent loves a child.
you had a pretty nasty looking snake, good thing it didn't get into your house.
the picture of the moonrise is beautiful though.
everything is good here.
jennifer is having serious morning sickness, some afternoon and night sickness.
doctor gave her some nausea medicine.
the doctor says the nauaea is good, means the baby is healthy. she is 10 weeks.
talk to you later.
love, betty, lee ray, crystal
jennifer, matt, & baby leblanc
boogie, danielle, bailey, & jazmine deshotel
debra, damon. & hannah myers