Feburary - September 2010

Believe it or not my New Years resolution last year was to keep up better with my blog and my email. See how well that worked out!

At the beginning of February I went back to Florida for Jack's memorial service. He wanted his ashes scattered at sea. It was a beautiful ceremony with friends and family........


Gerald, Mom, Me, Tom (Jack's son), Paula,
Julie (Tom's wife, in front)

I planned on staying in Florida with Mom for a couple of weeks, then returning home. Before I left Mom started feeling bad so I ended up bringing her to the ER to find out what was wrong.

Turned out she had a rare form of cancer (peritonial). The good news was it was treatable with 6 months of chemo and an operation. She wanted treatment at Mayo clinic in Jacksonville so I went home to close up my house, my brother Gerald found an apartment there that would accept pets, so Tux and I went to live in Ponte Vedra Beach (just south of Jacksonville).

September 30th Mom was given the all clear. Whew!
October 1st I moved her back to Ft Lauderdale, my sister came down to stay with her for a few weeks and I left for home on October 4th.


1 comment:

Roxann said...

What a whirlwind year you had! Glad your mom's treatments were sucessful. Hopefully things will be calm going forward now.