Wednesday January 30th

I haven't seen my resident two does lately, which just means I haven't looked out at the right time. Till this morning. They've eaten all the corn off the ground and now licking the spinner to get more. Ha! No wonder the corn goes so fast! (That's my deer-viewing feeder on the border of the backyard and middle woods). When I was developing the picture I saw they're NOT the does. You can see on the top of the head of the one on the left where his antlers were so he's a buck who's lost his antlers for the season. The one on the right has nubs.
I waited until they were gone before I went out to fill the birdfeeders (the #@!#! raccoon from last night wiped them out) and when I went out the backdoor about eight deer took off from the garden. I hadn't seen those!

No comments: