Sunday September 23rd

Floyd's Pond
I meant to check in sooner than this, time just gets away from me. Not much interesting going on just general day to day stuff.

Oh, Floyds place is officially for sale now -
http://www.idxvow.com/cgi-bin/pman/brockre/vlm.cgi?view=res.cgi&show=yes&id100=847
Anyone want to be my neighbor? :::smile:::

Late every afternoon I take Tux for a walk, last sunday we walked to Floyd's pond and it just looked perfect for fishing so monday I brought my fishing pole and fished awhile. Brought home eight nice Brim and threw back at least twice that many small fish, brim, goggle-eye, and bass.

Speaking of walks, the other day the girls (Coco - 11, and Cheyenne - 14) were hopping up and down like puppies so I let them come too. We went down to the garden to check the fruit trees. The dogs were milling around the corn feeder and I was standing at the edge of the garden looking over the clear cut. I looked down and not 10 feet away was a Doe deer laying in the brush staring right at me! She must have had a baby with her or she would have left when she heard us coming. So I called the dogs away and we went back to the house. I didn't want them seeing and chasing her.

1 comment:

betty said...

hey dena,
good to hear from you.
the scenery looks beautiful.
wish we could afford to buy the place.
good getaway place. looks peaceful.
sounds like you had a good day fishing.
oh,lee ray & damon said they are not going to do the hunting thing that you talked about because they have so much stuff to do here, with finishing the house and working on damon's land getting it ready to build.
but if you don't mind, they would like to go visit once in a while to walk the trail and stuff, and to help you do work or fixing up around the house if it needs doing. o.k.?
everyone says hi & sends their love. check in with you later. love, betty, lee ray &family