So, here we are.......


First post here, I hope it works out. And I have to warn everyone I'm a horrible writer. But I'll do my best to keep the updates coherent.
I'm a little behind so I'll start with friday and write up to today. After this I'll be able to post in real time.


FRIDAY:

We got the news. It's horrible. Cancer. Lung, Bone, Liver. Inoperable. The doctor makes it sound like it's last stages. He says he's never seen anything like it in a man so young (44). His main concern is keeping Mike comfortable so he gave him a pain patch and some pain pills. He advised him to visit his family. He's scheduling a biopsy and says there may be some hope with chemo and radiation. We're shocked and devastated. On the good side, the doctor is very kind and compassionate, we got lucky being refereed to him.


SATURDAY:

We have to tell people. THAT sucks. It's extremely difficult for me to talk about it without breaking down. My neighbor Floyd described the situation best - "It's like getting hit in the face with a baseball bat".


The pain patch works well but it's obviously too strong. Mike vomited all day, couldn't keep even a sip of water down. We took it off.


SUNDAY:

Not much going on, Mike's still queasy from the patch but feeling better. We're just trying to cope.


MONDAY:

Monday was a very bad day for both of us emotionaly. We spent the entire day waiting by the phone for the biopsy appointment. I finaly called the doctor around 3:30, they were still waiting on the radiologist to call back.


Mike is weak. He cooked dinner, just to get off the couch and DO something. It wore him out.


TUESDAY:

So here we are at tuesday. Another day by the phone I guess.

4 comments:

Lee said...

Thank you for sharing your news with us. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. I trust that Mike will have better days to come.
Love,
Mom

Roxann said...

Mike and Dena,

You have my prayers too, and thank you for keeping me posted.

Roxann

betty said...

dena& t-mike
thanks for sharing your news with us also.
our prayers are with you guys. love, betty, lee ray & family
lee ray , damon, jennifer, & hannah would like to go visit this weekend (4-28) if its o.k. with you guys. let us know.

betty said...

crystal deshotel said
I can't believe the news I just heard.I never thought a guy like t-mike could ever get sick,always out going!Tell t-mike that my thoughts and prayers are with him.